# What is Sealer?
Sealer[ˈsiːlər] provides a new way of distributed application delivery which is reducing the difficulty and complexity by packaging Kubernetes cluster and all application's dependencies into one
We can write a
Kubefile, and build a
Sealer Image, then using a
Clusterfile to run a
Kubefile: a file that describes how to build a Sealer Image.
Sealer Image: like docker image, and it contains all the dependencies you need to deploy a cluster or applications(like container images, yaml files or helm chart).
Clusterfile: a file that describes how to run a Sealer Image.
# Awesome features
- Simplicity: Packing the distributed application into ClusterImage with few instructions.
- Efficiency: Launching the k8s-based application through ClusterImage in minutes.
- Scalability: Powerful cluster and image life cycle management, such as cluster scale, upgrade, image load, save and so on.
- Compatibility: Multi-arch delivery Supporting. Such as AMD, ARM with common Linux distributions.
- Iterative: Incremental operations on ClusterImage is like what container image behaves.